Welcome to Anxiety Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers. Please Click to go to Anxiety Boss
KalmPro: Doctor recommended anxiety supplement.
Find out Your Anxiety Levels.

Feeling ill and frustrated with a chest pain

+1 vote
I've been feeling really bad these past months.Okay so everytime I eat my chest starts hurting . I've gone to the hospital a couple of times because of that pain,but the doctors say eveything is fine with my heart.I always panic with the way my chest feels and it causes my anxiety to go crazy.I get this feeling of numbeness in my hand which I'm really scared because of the syntoms of a heart attack. i don't know if it's mental , because recently two of my unvles passed away due to heart failure and liver failure. Now its been in my head ever since they passed away. i honestly feel bad and I just need someones opinion Thank you.
asked Dec 7, 2015 in Health Anxiety by Priscilla Mendoza

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer
This question is best answered by your family doctor, who can follow-up on your hospital visits and run tests and do a complete physical exam to determine if there is indeed a medical cause for your chest pain. If your family doctor finds some physical cause for your chest pain, then he or she may refer you to a specialist. On the other hand, if your family doctor finds no physical cause for your chest pain, then he or she may refer you to a psychiatrist. Regardless of where your family doctor refers you, it is important to have regular and frequent visits to your family doctor, so that he or she can evaluate any complaints you have.
answered Dec 7, 2015 by drcarlo (295,840 points)